Social Media vs Email Marketing
Go to the warrior forums and you will find 2 groups of people.
One who advocates social media only, claiming email marketing is dead. And the other group which is the opposite.
So which is really true? That is what we will be exploring in this post 🙂
Noah Kagan has just released a new video and after watching it, I was shocked. And it made me review my online marketing strategy.
After watching the video, if you have the same reaction with me, let me know in the comment!
Mind-blown over the stats eh?
Here are the personal notes which I have taken.
In summary, what Noah Kagan did in this video was share his social media stats and what it did for his business.
Do you know which social media platform site performs the best?
I am sure you will be shocked 😀
Do note that he has a massive amount of followers and this guy knows what he is doing when it comes to marketing online.
In the first example, NOah Kagan shared the stats of one of his Facebook post.
201 people reached…out of 16000! So that means only 1.2% of people actually saw it.
He then later logged into Buffer and share the stats of his top posts.
The first had 1.2k reach, 27 likes, and 5 comments.
The second had 12 shares and 65 likes. No comments and no clicks.
He actually scrolled down the stats and one of his post had a “massive” amount of 2 clicks and 3 clicks.
He has about 58,000 followers in Twitter!
But in one of his posts, it only generate 850 impressions, 28 engagements, and only 14 link clicks.
90,000 views and 1,100 visits to his website. This is actually not too bad.
Quora is a site where people asks questions and you actually provide them with answers.
It is a cool site where if you keep posting relevant and helpful comments, you will be a winner eventually.
73 comments, 1182 likes, and 16809 clicks!
He has about 14,000 followers on LinkedIn and when you compare the stats of LinkedIN to other giant social media sites, this is the best!
Noah Kagan has been building his list for 17 years and he shared his stats in Aweber.
On average, he gets 33% of opens and 8% of clicks. Do note that this is above industry’s average!
We can see that he is sending out the message to approximately 105,000 people.
That would mean 33,000 of opens and 8000 clicks from one email!
And now…you know the secret to successful email marketers 😉
Takeaway messages from this video
- Social media companies want you to believe that you are getting results with all the impressions and the reach. In reality, they are holding your customers in hoards and want you to pay for their services to get your desired results
- Are you getting the output that you want from your efforts? Or are there better things that you want to invest your time into to get better output?
My Own Thoughts
- Email marketing has been shown to stand the test of times and have remained as a marketing strategy which will not die off anytime. In fact, it is the most effective form of online marketing. Sticking to it is not a waste of time and as your list size grows, you will definitely see growth in your results too.
- From takeaway message number 2, it is important to always evaluate what are the things which are bringing you the most results and focus on the things which bring you results and scale up your results.
- You do not need to abandon social media marketing. When you incorporate social media marketing with email marketing, you will get better results. However, you need to identify what is bringing you results and focus on that. In my case, email marketing is still the primary focus.I do know that there are people who are having very good success with Facebook fan pages as well as Facebook groups, Instagram, Pinterest etc. If they are bringing you the most results, then stick to them 🙂
- Time to create a LinkedIn account and start to learn how to use it 😀
- Always be building your email list. Your email list is your asset. Can you imagine what can 8,000 clicks do for you when you promote something? Basically, Noah Kagan’s email list can print cash for him on demand.
I hope that you have found this post useful. If you have, comment below. Share it on social media. And you betcha I will be sharing this with my email list too 😀